Easily the best horror movie I’ve seen so far. I don’t know if it’s the setting in which I saw the movie (alone in a dark room with really high volume on the headphones with someone suddenly tapping on my shoulders right at the ghost scene!!) or the movie itself. But my heart is still racing. hehe!
So, my high points:
- The story. The suspense! I really really didn’t guess what was going to happen.
- The fuckin background music, the screams, the breaths, the sounds of wind, squeaking doors and wooden floor! Just loved the way they have used sound. It’s not really the *spooky* type of spooky. Just screams. Like when you are on a roller coaster! Super awesome.
- Nicole Kidman.
- A lot of dialogs. “How can people be so superstitious” , the kids talking about Noah’s arc.
- Charles making love to Grace. The way that fits into the entire movie is just very cool.
- The little girl and the little boy and their conversations.
What I didn’t like:
Not much here really! I just wished there was more explanation to the kids dying. Or not! And some more spice on the Tuttle and Lydia front.
Must watch. Must must watch! Just have a pair of pants handy :P